- domainAchilles Design
As a Project Engineer Biomedical, you are keen to design and develop different products in the medical sector.
Your days are filled with challenging tasks:
- You feel comfortable in an innovative R&D-related product design environment. You will predominantly deal with projects within the medical sector, focusing on the process of productizing technical concepts.
- The product development department of Achilles Design offers state-of-the-art solutions within four business units: Healthcare, Industry, Consumer Goods and Food Retail. These projects can involve an intense collaboration with the Branding, Digital & Service Design departments.
- You are responsible for the development of the electromechanical aspect, starting from system design to concept generation, detailing, validation and finally production.
- You are the project leader for electromechanical projects and communicate with customers, suppliers and project members, while keeping track of timing and budget.
- As a member of the Healthcare design team, you support and improve our ISO13485 quality management system.
- You support designs and execute the engineering. You test, validate, optimize and detail concepts from functional prototypes to production ready designs.
- You convert your broad knowledge of technologies in concrete solutions and engage the appropriate people and partners to ensure a working solution.
- You direct and follow-up with suppliers.
Are you passionate about design and development, and are you up for a challenge? We would like to welcome you to our team if you
- Have a Master degree in Engineering Science or Industrial Engineering, preferably with a specialization in Biomedical or (Electro)mechanics
- Have knowledge of mechanical construction principles, evaluation -and production techniques.
- Are communicative, have a passion for technical challenges and are able to direct people.
- Understand the needs of your (internal & external) customers and you are able to transform these proactively in a plan of action.
- You have hands-on experience with CAD software packages. Knowledge or experience with ISO13485 and/or regulatory affairs? That’s a plus.
- Also have practical experience with elementary electronics and programming (Arduino, Raspberry Pi,…) to quickly generate some mock-ups & prototypes.
- Speak English and Dutch fluently. Knowledge of French & German is an advantage.
- Have passion for design and development whilst also being proactive, structured and results-driven.
- Are motivated to make a difference: internally as well as for our clients.
- Are able to work independently and in a team.
At Achilles Design you contribute to our continuous growth and profit and this is what you get from us:
- An experienced team of designers and engineers who work as a self-steering organization.
- “Bore-out” is no option here because our broad portfolio guarantees a variety of projects.
- An attractive salary enriched with several extra-legal perks rewards your effort and motivation.
- An open culture with an informal communication style and a pleasant working atmosphere.
- All tools in your direct vicinity to transform your concepts into initial prototypes: 3D printers, laser cutter, milling machine, atelier, plotters, waterjet, …
- An ambitious and strong growing organization that emphasizes on social engagement, durability, ecology and ethics.
- Flexible working hours with a fixed contract of indefinite duration.
- Published 18 December 2019
- City Mechelen
- Region Antwerp
- Sector Engineers
- Education Master's Degree
- Function Type Clerk
- Experience Not important
- Skills Analytisch vermogen
- Language skills Dutch, Flemish, English
- Company Achilles Design
- Function CEO
- Person Axel Funhoff